Americanism Poster Contest
The youth programs sponsored by the National Society, Sons of the American Revolution include an elementary
school poster contest to stimulate interest in American History and support fifth grade US History curriculums. Each year
the poster topic is changed to recognize a person or event of significance during the American Revolution.
For academic years ending in even numbers, the theme shall be "Revolutionary War Events."
For academic years ending in odd numbers, the theme shall be "Revolutionary War Persons."
Download a Word Doc about the Contest.
Below is an image of the winning poster for the SAR Sacramento Chapter from last year.
Poster Contest Rules for California Society Judging:
- Fifth Grade Students Only, to fit with the California public school curriculum.
- Posters must be on Standard 22x28 inch poster board.
- Posters should not be framed or enhanced in any way by submitting Chapter.
- No "3-D" posters will be accepted.
- No group project posters. Each poster must be the product on one individual.
- The posters must conform to the yearly theme and show evidence of research.
- On the back of the poster record: Student Name, Age, Grade, Teacher Name, School Name, District, Sponsoring SAR Chapter - "Sacramento Chapter"
- DO NOT print the Student's or School's name on the front of the poster.
For complete guidelines and more information on the NSSAR Poster Contest see:
View a video on the Americanism Poster Contest